What's in Tax & Estate Planning Centre?
Only Tax & Estate Planning Centre offers these superior features
A unique landing page, accessible in English and French, that’s designed to enhance and increase your research productivity. You will find everything you need to answer your tax and estate questions from this page, because it is customized for research and workflow related to estate-planning work.
Exclusive current awareness information delivered through Highlights, What’s New, and two newsletters – It’s Personal: Preserving Wealth for People and Private Companies, and BorderCrossings.
Exclusive tax planner guides written by the experts to alert you to issues arising from other areas of law related to estate planning.
Powerful interactive tools such as planning checklists, calculators, and authoritative charts to save you time:
- More than 25 checklists in Word or Excel format with imbedded calculations that you can download for repeated use. The checklists serve as reminders of tasks that need doing, to reduce the risk of omissions and the loss of hard-copy versions
- Convenient calculators help you find formulas (Probate Fee calculators), count days (Date Plus X Days and Days between Two Dates calculators), and run calculations with speed and accuracy.
- The Canadian Probate Taxes table provides a comprehensive snapshot of probate fees payable in each province or territory.
- The Canadian Bar Association’s National Concordance of Estate Administration table compares steps in Estate Administration in the provinces and territories.
Unparalleled expert resources and exclusive in-depth coverage
- Fillable tax forms speed completion and reduce the risk of error.
to answer your complicated research questions.
Three foundational works
address the key topics:
Newsletters and articles
- Taxation and Estate Planning, Catherine A. Brown
- Practitioner’s Guide to Trusts, Estates and Trust Returns, Larry H. Frostiak, John E.S. Poyser
- Canadian Taxation of Life Insurance, Tax and Estate Planning Group, Manulife Financial
provide information, insight and current awareness:
- BorderCrossings newsletter, edited by Alan Kester, KPMG
- It’s Personal: Preserving Wealth for People and Private Companies newsletter, by David Chodikoff, Miller Thomson LLP and Martin Rochwerg, Miller Thomson LLP
- Articles covering more than 100 topic areas written by well-known authors.
Time-saving Quick Search functionality, combined with quick access to Advanced Search templates for complex queries, helps you find what you need easily and efficiently.
Exclusive Tax Experts Directory and Tax Experts Profile allow you to evaluate the credentials of our expert authors, and contact an expert directly for more information or clarification.
Relevant “non-tax” case law and legislation necessary for providing estate planning and administration services.
Relevant government publications to save you time sifting through unrelated CRA policy documents
Full integration with Taxnet Pro® for the most comprehensive tax information.
Stop searching aimlessly for answers.
Click here for more information.